Thursday, September 15, 2011

September 15th

Today seemed to go by in somewhat of a blur. I woke up and started doing my laundry right away. My first class wasn't until 3 today so I had some time to kill. I did some homework and got ready to go and get my first futbol tickets! It will be so much fun and I am very excited! I went with two friends of mine to go and get the tickets but the booth was closed for lunch hour when we got there so we walked around and went window shopping. We stopped in a book store because one souvenir that I really want is a cook book. I will use the book here and cook with it, and then have the memories of "oh I made that in Florence" when I am older. The book was only 8 euro so I was very excited. We walked around for a while longer and then went back to the booth. Turns out the booth was still closed so we went back to my apartment for a little while where I finished my homework and got ready to go to class.

Italian class was the same as it was on Tuesday, I couldn't understand a single word. I got my homework correct though so I must be doing something right! I will hopefully know what that is come test time.

After class I came home and I was so excited to open my cook book and start planning a meal for next week. Unfortunately, it turned out I bought the Italian version of the cook book, not the English version. So I ran back to the store and exchanged it for the English version, so you know, I could actually use it.

When I got back, Courtney and I left to go to our dinner party which was a lot of fun. We met a lot of really nice girls and we are going to try and get together with then in the next few weeks for either going out or just going to dinner. There are a lot of little cute dinner places that I really want to try so I think dinner is more likely. After dinner we went and got some gelato! I tried pistachio for the first time, and oh my goodness. It was too good. I paired it with fragola (strawberry) and it was a great combination.

After gelato, Courtney and I came back and got ready to go out. We wanted to try a different bar than the one we usually go to. It was a lot of fun and a lot different than what we have gone to before. It was an outside bar and it was so nice. There was a good mix of older, younger, creepy, and non-creepy people around so it made for a good time. We didn't dance much, but still had a great time.

Tomorrow I leave for my three day excursion with the school. We are going to the Mediterranean Sea and then to a few islands. On the excursion, we will be visiting farms and then also helping out with an equestrian show! I am so excited! It will be a very good weekend! Be prepared for a very long post either Sunday or Monday!

Have a great and safe weekend!

Con amore, Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Trying to make me jealous by saying you are going on a 3 day excursion island hopping in the Mediterranean Sea and playing with horses huh? Well, guess what. Ron and I are going to an Indian Buffet! So...Yeah!

    ReplyDelete