Wednesday, August 17, 2011

almost there

So as many of you know, this thursday is the end of my summer semester. And let me tell you, it has been a tough semester. Whoever invented summer school clearly loved winter. It has been such a terrible semester mostly because of how nice the weather has been. The classes have been great and I have been blest to have such great friends to bring me through it, but I am SO ready for thursday evening and to be sitting on the 840 train.

This past weekend I ran my first (of many) half marathon! It was awesome! The girls who ran with me were so supportive and Chris ran the last 6 with me! What a trooper! It really was a great day. I trained so long and hard for this stinkin thing, it was nice to have a goal met. And just so all of you are aware of what an amazing accomplishment this is for me, in January, I couldn't even run a mile. I started off in January with three goals: 1. To finish under 2 hrs and 30 minutes. 2. To not be the last participant crossing the finish line. and 3. to not walk more than I had to. These goals were accomplished by: 1. my final time being 2hrs 24 mins and 19  seconds! 2. I ran faster than a third of the participants. 3. I walked a total of three city blocks! How amazing! I am seriously so proud of myself and I can't wait to complete my next one!

So needless to say, I am definitely in need of a break, both mentally and physically. 

Well, luckily South Carolina is on friday and then ITALY is just around the corner!

Ok so update on Italy :)

I have been talking with my compagno di stanza, Courtney, and I am so excited! She seems like such a sweetheart and I feel like her and I are going to get along SO well. I feel like that is 3/4th the battle. If you have a nice roommate situation, they are there to help you through all of the other hard times you will have and will be supportive. I am so excited to meet her! I have had such great luck with roommates I feel like the big Guy upstairs is really looking out for me. I had a random my freshman year at ISU and I couldn't have been given a better roommie. Kelly has helped me through some very tough times and she is one of my very, very dear friends.

So, with one test and one project left, I am almost down to five semesters until I graduate! So exciting! Well, I better get going on those, think I should start them yet?




just kidding, obviously :)


Con amore, Ciao!


p.s. 13 days

1 comment: